Thursday, August 8, 2013

School Days

     I'm back again after a long time... eeeeeeee...

     After my LKG, I joined my own school, Kings Matric School. It was run by my parents and I studied in my school from UKG to the mid of Std X. Since, it was our school, no teachers dared to beat me. he he.. I never had the habit of studying for long hours. Right from the lower classes, I always wrote everything on my own whether it is right or wrong. May be, during my childhood I listened to the teachers while in class..I don't know. :P I lost the habit of listening to teachers after school. I study, but do not memorize anything. It is not like, I haven't tried to memorize the subjects, the fact is : I really can't memorize even a single line. It is really very hard for me to by-heart the question and answers, while I was left with no option when it comes to poems in English and Tamil. I do not have much interesting happenings to share, still I will try to share a few happenings.
     Since there were very less number of students in our school, all students had to participate in all events held, whether it is on Sports Day or Annual Day. And you know what, the funniest thing was: I had won second place in running competition. Please don't ask me how many students ran for the race.. he he... :P I participated in dance, drama and other stuffs.
     During one of the annual days, I took the role of Kannagi (from the tamil novel Silapathikaaram) in a drama. My teachers forgot to fix a long hair wig, so the Kannagi became the modern trendy Kannagi with bob cut hair. I just have one more incident to share, and that is another drama, the story of Dhushyanth and Shakunthala. Any guesses on my role in the drama? he he.... The role of Dhushyanth himself.. Hope that was my last drama, in which I played the role of a King. I do not remember anything properly. The funniest part of this role was, I was given a duplicate moustache. Unfortunately, I did not have a mirror to look and fix my moustache properly, so I fixed it in a slanding position, so the mighty King Dhushyanth became a comedy King with a slanting moustache.. he he...
     I had to shift to another school after my tenth standard. The new school's atmosphere was entirely new and different to me from my old school. The teachers were very strict. Every teacher came to the classroom with a cane. I remember the classes of Chemistry Sir and Physics Ma'am.
     Somehow, I managed to mingle with all friends in my new school and successfully completed my school days there. To say something funny there, I won first and second prizes for discus throw and shot put respectively. I say it as a funny stuff because that was the first time, I took those stuffs(discus and shot put) in my hand. I'm an average throw ball player (play only on Sports Days just for the sake of my Fire Opal team). I really miss those beautiful days, and I miss you all my dear friends. Now all of them are busy with their lives, a few got married and are happy with their kids and family, no time to contact each other, and this is how our life goes on with new friends, new job, new environment etc etc... Now, I take this opportunity to thank and wish all my Teachers and school friends for giving me those wonderful days(school days).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget